Photography Dressed in Halloween

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photography Dressed in Halloween

Students model their self-made Halloween masks.

Edna Herrejon

Edna Herrejon

Edna Herrejon

Edna Herrejon

Photography is doing a special edition of mask painting with Halloween back-drops! Students asked if they could take in Halloween backdrops into the classroom to do a small photo shoot. This idea lead to Ms. Rolshoven organizing a whole Halloween photo shoot for the entire classroom.

Edna Herrejon
Students playing role for Halloween photo shoot

This was the very first time they tried this, but it sure was fun. Creating the whole scene was amazing, but quite difficult with some students being camera shy. Playing a Halloween role you have never done can be very challenging especially with trying to make everything look realistic. You have to make sure everyone feels quite comfortable or else the pictures won’t come out as well as planned.

Edna Herrejon
Students role playing for Halloween photo shoot.

Students had to make their own masks to their liking and wear it during the photo shoot along with a hoodie and some props.

Going into the classroom and trying to get the best shots of everyone was quite difficult. Especially since not everyone was comfortable. The camera and backdrop and many little things are needed to be adjustable such as lighting and texture and shadows.

Edna Herrejon
Students acting out pictures.

The pictures from the photo shoot came out excellent. Its was also really amazing for our school to give students the opportunity to do fun things like this in class. Photography is also displaying students work, through out the day pass by and take a look at what students are capable of achieving with a camera.