Student Council

Teresa+Tobar+Student+Council+Vice+President+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Student Council

Teresa Tobar Student Council Vice President

Karla Beck

Karla Beck

Karla Beck

Emily Gronewold, Writer

Student Council   

Student Council is a leadership group that each grade elects 4 students from their grade to be their leaders. Student Council President is Juan Herrera, Vice President is Teresa Tobar, Treasurer is James Gutierrez , and Secretary is Destiny Sawatzky. They have meetings twice a month. We have Student Council to help plan events for the school year and set up events like the sharing tree for our community. They have other events planned for this year that include Fall Ball and Snow Week. Snow Week is one of the main events they are working on right now. One of the hardest events to plan for Student Council is homecoming because it is right in the beginning of the school year.

Teresa Tobar

Teresa Tobar is one of the representatives for the Juniors and also the Vice President of Student Council because she likes being involved in school activities and helping others. She has been in Student Council since her freshman year

Karla Beck

and she enjoys being in it. Teresa said, “ It’s fun being in Student Council with the people that are in it and you get to meet new people.” What she enjoys most about Student Council is planning events even though they are very stressful. The two things that she dislikes about it is that they have to do a lot and it is a lot of stress.

James Gutierrez

James Gutierrez is one of the representatives for the Juniors and is also the Treasurer for Student Council. The reason James wanted to be in student council is because he wanted to do stuff for his grade and to see what our school really does. His first time in Student Council was back in 5th grade after that year he quit then rejoined this year.  When I asked James what were some things he enjoyed about Student Council, he answered, “Doing projects and all that.” James’s favorite project they are doing is the winter ball dance. They are gonna try to make it as good as the last one.

Jodi Geistfeld

Jodi Geistfeld is one of the advisors for Student Council. She wanted to be an advisor for Student Council because her role in the school doesn’t give her much of a chance to meet kids unless she is co-teaching a class and she wanted to be able to get to know more students. She also wanted to be able to help guide them. 

Student Council is about working together and coming up with ideas for the school. Some of the projects they have worked on are the jacket pickup for people who don’t have jackets or can’t afford them, the food shelf drive, and currently they are working on the winter Ball Dance that is in February.