Kindergarten Teachers Rock!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Kindergarten Teachers Rock!

Mrs. Hempeck shares a photo of herself to the newspaper.

Mrs. Hempeck

Mrs. Hempeck

Mrs. Hempeck

Makenna Rotert, Writer

Kindergarten teachers are a staple of our education, they’re the first real teacher we have in our lives. They teach kids to exist and feel comfortable in a classroom with about thirty students, they’re pretty much the first person besides our parents we decide to trust. They automatically care for their students, they take care of their students when they’re sick, and they make sure they’re learning. Mrs. Hempeck is a new kindergarten teacher at Northside, and is very excited to see what happens this year!

Mrs. Hempeck

When Mrs. Hempeck chose Saint James she thought of more than just one thing. Hempeck stated, “I chose Saint James because it’s close to home and I heard how it’s an awesome district to be a part of.”

This is not Mrs. Hempeck’s first time teaching in a school district, when I asked her if she taught anywhere else she responded with, “Yes, I taught kindergarten in Lamberton, Minnesota.”

Mrs. Hempeck did not grow up in Saint James but she did grow up near Saint James. Hempeck mentioned, “I went to high school at Mountain Lake Public School, and I went to Minnesota State Mankato for college.”

When I asked Mrs. Hempeck about her family, she lit up and she passionately expressed; “I have a husband named Andrew and a six month old daughter named Burkely.”

Throughout this year not only is Mrs. Hempeck eager for the school year and to see how things turn out, but she has a couple of goals as well. Hempeck said, “I want to build relationships with each of my students, and to help and watch them grow.”